The Fork in the Road...

We are a happy family of three, traveling along this beautiful road we call life. We've been enjoying the ride and loving the scenery, however, in our attempts to increase our numbers our road has become a little bumpy and the path a little foggy. It was while we were struggling through the fog that the road sign emerged: DETOUR. And so we've taken the detour and have been watching it lead our lives on a journey much fuller and richer than we could have imagined...

Monday, August 24, 2009

The Waiting Game...

Still waiting...not for a child, no, we're not there yet. Waiting for our official approval to be adoptive parents. I know things are moving as fast as they can and there's not a whole lot we can really do right now, but it's a killer going out to the mailbox each day hoping to see THE envelope only to find the box full of bills and ads. Poo! Sadly, the anticipation is almost as bad as wondering whether or not my period is coming each month...though, as time has worn on that anticipation has died down. After three years of let-downs you pretty much don't get your expectations too high anymore! So, instead I've thrown all expectation, anticipation, and other "-ations" into receiving that letter...**sigh**...maybe tomorrow...

1 comment:

Mel said...

I hate waiting! I hate waiting for anything; but I can't imagine waiting for something like this. I wish I were there to wait with you. :) Love you.