We are at a loss for names. I've come up with a few that I like for one reason or another, but nothing seems to stand out as "the one." So, for my few readers out there...suggestions would be welcome! We're looking for a name that is strong/confident, slightly unique, but not weird or easily made fun of. Trying to steer clear of super popular names (we thought we were doing good with Chase when we named him, but apparently we were just starting a new trend...oh, well - it totally fits him!).
Here are the ones I currently have on the list (even if Matt isn't aware they are ON the list...lol):
Emmett
Bowie (Bo)
Rhett
Eland
Sawyer
Having listed these I realize I have openly submitted my choices to criticism...that's okay. We all have different opinions, and quite frankly, half the names I'd picked out for Chase's "list" I absolutely hate now...so take my list with a grain of salt, and be kind! lol
Open to suggestions, ya'll! Fortunately we've got time!
The Fork in the Road...
We are a happy family of three, traveling along this beautiful road we call life. We've been enjoying the ride and loving the scenery, however, in our attempts to increase our numbers our road has become a little bumpy and the path a little foggy. It was while we were struggling through the fog that the road sign emerged: DETOUR. And so we've taken the detour and have been watching it lead our lives on a journey much fuller and richer than we could have imagined...
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
From your list I like Emmett and Sawyer the best. As you know, we never had to look up boy names so my resource pool to pull from is rather small. I will do some research and see if I can find any stellar names.
I really like Sawyer.
Here are a few on my list:
Wyatt
Sutton
Cole
Tucker
Bennett
Caden
Andrew
Collin
Jackson
Dallin:)
Brody
Notice my love for double letters, somehow my kids all ended up with a double letter, so when/if there is another one, they will probably end up with one too.
Some names we considered and still love are:
Brady
Graham
Beckett
Good luck and I'll post new ones if any more come to me!
I have a friend who just named her baby Bowen, don't know if Bo will be the nickname, but it's certainly one that would work! Some other names that seem to fit (in my mind at least) with what's on your list are Everett and Grant.
lol - all three of you so far have hit other names that we might be considering, too - Brody, Beckett, and Everett! Great minds think alike, ladies - that's why I'm asking you!! ;-)
Thanks for all the great suggestions - keep 'em coming! xoxo
Our favorite if we were going to have a boy this time was Brady... we have loved it for a long time. A friend of ours named there baby Brady last year and it was one we suggested they use... :)
Also, I have heard Grant recently too.
I will pay attention at work when patients come in for a cool name. My problem with names is that I usually associate it with someone I know for both good and bad :) Lately I have been liking the name Marcus.
I have SUCH a hard time with names! My faves on your list are Emmet and Sawyer. I also like Everett and Marcus. Good luck!
Somewhere along the way we had come up with James Omer, named after the two grandfathers, if we were to have another boy. I am thinking into the family history and I can tell you what NOT to name him. I never thought that one of my ancestors would be named Darlington. Some names that I have that I think are unique are: Curtis, Owen, Perry and maybe Karl, although he was Karl Gottfried. You'll find the right one . . .
Mom
There were a lot of babies born in our ward this last month with unique names so I'll throw them out there:
Trent
Rivers
Dax
Miles
Dexter
Hope everything goes well!
Post a Comment