Last night Matt and I spent the evening answering the rest of our questionaires and filling out forms online. We created our online profile and it won't be long before it goes live! We just have our CORE training to do next week and then waiting for our background checks to come back.
It's funny how once you are on the right path Satan does everything he can to thwart your efforts. For instance, we had a goal to have everything on our part turned in and ready to go by the date of our CORE training, which is July 17th. When we set that goal we had a fair amount of time. Then I was given the job of coordinating all of the art for the new hospital opening in Fruita. It was a great opportunity and I was thrilled to be a part of it, but it has been challenging and very time consuming...and of course, the deadline for the artwork is ALSO the 17th! And on top of all that I had the opportunity to spend time with one of my best friends and then there was the four-day weekend we spent on the mountain enjoying some well-deserved time off for Matthew.
Needless to say, putting our adoption paperwork together for our deadline has kind of fallen by the wayside, as it was the one thing that could ultimately be delayed without tangible consequence. And that's just how Satan does things, isn't it? Uses the things we love to occupy all of our time...I've discovered that being "busy" is one of Satan's greatest tools. We have to be careful not to confuse "being busy" with "not being idle" - they are easily mixed up and one is good and the other is an obstacle.
Now I'm not saying that any of the things that have taken up my time have been bad. They were all very worthwhile endeavors, but I let them consume me and shift my priority list. But I have recognized it for what it is and now I am back on track moving forward with our paperwork. I know the Lord is behind us in this effort as I feel Him nudging us on, comforting our self-doubt and easing our stress levels. It is such a comfort and it brings me back to that element of peace I had posted about before.
We are getting so close...then it's on to the active waiting game! ;-)
The Fork in the Road...
We are a happy family of three, traveling along this beautiful road we call life. We've been enjoying the ride and loving the scenery, however, in our attempts to increase our numbers our road has become a little bumpy and the path a little foggy. It was while we were struggling through the fog that the road sign emerged: DETOUR. And so we've taken the detour and have been watching it lead our lives on a journey much fuller and richer than we could have imagined...
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment