The other night I was hosting our ward's RS scrapbooking night. With it being JUCO week and the start of summer around here I wasn't expecting much of a turn out. In fact, only one lady showed up. At first I was kind of bummed because secretly I was hoping for a no show evening so I could head to the JUCO game myself, but I was a good girl and did what I was supposed to do. I'm so glad I did.
This particular sister was one I hadn't gotten a chance to get to know very well. Being in primary I don't know many of the sisters that are outside of primary ;-). It turns out that this lady works with my sister for the county and she works closely with the foster and adoption programs. She and her husband had actually adopted one of their children and had sooooo much experience and wisdom to share. We spent all evening talking about some of the more emotional experiences and situations that can arise with an adopted child and how she's dealt with it. We also talked about the amazing circumstances in which these children are guided into loving homes.
There are so many children out there who are living in desperate situations and they all deserve a chance...at any age. I'm more and more convinced that, though an infant would be great, we are meant to adopt a child perhaps a little older. We won't (nor do they recommend to) adopt anyone older than Chase, he needs to maintain his niche and feel secure within it, but we feel there is such an age gap because there's a specific opening for a toddler. Like I've said before, it's not a self-declared prophecy or anything, just a thought, an inkling if you will...but I've been known to be wrong! The second I start to think I know what the Lord is planning for me He reminds me of how little I truly know or understand! ;-) FAITH, right??
Anyway - long story short (too late, I know) - I was so happy to have this wonderful woman in my home and to have her all to myself. It's the little reassurances such as that scrapbooking evening that keeps me thinking that we are on the right path...
The Fork in the Road...
We are a happy family of three, traveling along this beautiful road we call life. We've been enjoying the ride and loving the scenery, however, in our attempts to increase our numbers our road has become a little bumpy and the path a little foggy. It was while we were struggling through the fog that the road sign emerged: DETOUR. And so we've taken the detour and have been watching it lead our lives on a journey much fuller and richer than we could have imagined...
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a wonderful experience! Isn't it amazing how we are blessed; you wanted to go to the game but it was such a blessing to stay home.
I am so excited and happy for you guys.
P.S. Ginny(spelling?) from Ambiance says hi. Yes, Mark got me a wonderful massage for our anniversary. She was good but NOTHING compared to you. Love you!
i think that whatever age you get a child it will be the perfect fit for your home. keep relying on your faith it will all happen as it should. good reminder to ctr, go with the right activity and you will be blessed!
Post a Comment